Shawangunk Trails Map - 2023 - 12th edition
Three-map set, map #s 104, 105 & 106A/106B
Our Shawangunk Trails Map is a three-map set featuring trails in the northern Shawangunks region of New York. The maps are printed in vibrant color on waterproof and tear-resistant Tyvek, and are a must-have for exploring the special features of the Shawangunk region, including breathtaking cliffs, pitch pines growing out of bedrock, and spectacular views. The 2023 update also includes several trail updates, including changes to the Long Path and Mine Hole Footpath in an area impacted by recent forest fires, upgraded status of maintained sections of the Smiley and High Point carriage roads, extension of the Spruce Glen Footpath south of Lake Awosting, updated blaze colors and names for some trails in Mohonk Preserve, and new trails like the Split Rock Loop and Lost City Escarpment Trail. Several trails have been redrawn based on more recent GPS data, and a new inset map has been prepared to show nearby trails in the Rosendale area. Other improvements include viewpoint star updates and additions, parking access updates including the addition of Testimonial Gateway Trailhead for Mohonk Preserve, and the addition of newly-protected lands.
Map features include:
- More than 200 miles of maintained trails and carriage roads, many of which are open to bikes and horses, in the northern Shawangunks of Ulster County
- Parklands including Minnewaska State Park Preserve, Mohonk Preserve, Shawangunk Ridge State Forest, and the Mohonk Mountain House property
- Sections of the Long Path and Shawangunk Ridge Trail
- Junction-to-junction trail mileage numbers
- 20-foot elevation contours
- 1:30,000 scale (1 inch = 0.47 mile)
- Convenient map sizes to carry and use on the trail
- Map featuring the route of the Long Path/Shawangunk Ridge Trail between Wurtsboro and Route 52
- Enlarged large-scale map of complex trail network in the area of Mohonk Mountain House
- Parkland boundaries
- Unmaintained trails and woods roads
- Viewpoints, waterfalls, mines, and other points of interest
- Parking areas
- Public transportation
- Park contact information, history, and regulations
- UTM coordinate grid
Our updated Shawangunk Trails Map is also available on Apple and Android mobile devices through the Avenza Maps app, including as a Bundle of all 4 maps. To get the latest maps, see the links above (to the right of the cover graphic). Learn more about the app here.
Special thanks to volunteer project manager Daniel Chazin and all the volunteers and park partners who helped produce this map revision!
This map was also produced with support from Thruway Sporting Goods, a proud supporter of our volunteers!
Trail Conference maps are built on more than 85 years of mapping experience. They are the trusted source for reliable trail information in the New York-New Jersey metropolitan region. These maps are "Made By the People Who Build the Trails" and are regularly updated with changes to the trails.