Join our Palisades Trail Crew to get a taste of what trail building's all about.
Volunteers will assist the Palisades Crew in their continued trail improvements in Sterling Forest State Park, specifically in constructing several reroutes on the McKeags Meadow Loop. This project aims to improve multi-use trail options and experiences within the park. Work may include vegetation clearing, trail surface excavation, and moving and building with large native stone.
Connect with nature, meet great people, and make a difference. No experience is necessary!
Know Before You Go
- Please wear long pants, sturdy, closed-toe shoes or boots and bring plenty of water, snacks, and a lunch.
- Cell reception is limited at this location, so plan accordingly.
- Please read over our COVID-19 Protocols and be prepared to follow them on the trail.
- All volunteers must fill out the online OPRHP Volunteer Form and select "Sterling Forest State Park" before the work trip.
- For volunteers under age 18, please submit a Guardian Consent form to [email protected] prior to the volunteer day or bring the paper form the day of. A parent or guardian must be present for the volunteer day.
Sterling Lake Corp
Tuxedo Park, NY 10987
Additional workshop information